ISAIAH 52: 1 BEGINS WITH COMMAND, “AWAKE, AWAKE.”
The Word “Awake” in Scripture often deals with prayer as it does in this verse.
“Awake, awake, put on your strength; put on your beautiful garments, Jerusalem, the holy city: for from now there shall no more come into you the unclean. Shake yourself
from the dust; arise, and sit down, O Jerusalem: loose yourself from the bands of your neck, O captive daughter of Zion.” “For this said the LORD: You have sold yourselves for nothing; and you shall
be redeemed without money.” For this said the LORD: My people went down aftertime into Egypt to sojourn you there; and the Assyrian oppressed them without case. Now therefore, what have I here, said
the LORD, that My people is taken away for nothing? They that rule over them make them to howl, said the LORD; and my Name continually every day is blasphemed. Therefore My people shall know My Name:
therefore they shall know in that day that I am He that does speak: behold, it is I.”
THE WORD OF GOD IN THIS PORTION OF SCRIPTURE, GIVES US THE 10 BENEFITS OF PRAYER LIFE FOR EVERY BELIEVER.
- Prayer strengthens your walk as a Christian. “... put on your strength, O Zion...”
- Prayer enables you to live a holy life. “...put on your beautiful garments...”
- The power of prayer enables us to live a life separate from unbelievers. “...for there shall no more come into you the uncircumcised and the unclean.”
- Prayer gives you the power to live a life free from destruction. “...Shake yourself from the dust...”
- Through the life of prayer you can be seated in the presence of God. “...Arise, and sit down, O Jerusalem...”
- Only prayer gives you the power to loose yourself from the bondage of enemy. Only when you and I begin to pray can we come out of bondage into the liberty.
- Prayer brings you back to God. When someone does not pray, they sell themselves to the enemy, and only with prayer can God redeem them back.
- Prayer releases you completely from the power of the enemy. Those who do not pray have caused the devil, to oppress them without cause, and only through prayer can
we be free from him.
- Only when we pray can we rule over the enemy and not he over us. Those who do not pray have allowed the devil to rule over them with such bondage that they howl
because of it. The word “howl” means they are in deep bondage.
- Only through prayer can we know the Lord’s Name and It’s Power and also know His Voice. My prayer for you is that the Lord will strengthen your prayer life!